Successful vibration control essential for plant reliability
Machinery vibration is one of the main causes of damage and equipment failures. Reciprocating compressors are particularly exposed to vibration problems due to the alternating motion of reciprocating masses and shaking forces produced by the pulsating flow waves generated in the piping and vessels by the piston movement.
Contact Us for more information.
CST experience and solution
CST has combined the long-standing experience of its design engineers with advanced and integrated proprietary computational tools, aiming to identify the most efficient and cost-effective solution to any pulsation and vibration problem, both for new units and existing installations.
Our Pulsation and Mechanical Vibration study fully complies with API 618/688. It supports plant designers and end-users from the early stage of a project up to servicing and troubleshooting.
CST has done also field measurements of pressure pulsations in order to validate its calculation methods.
CST solves and identifies the best solution for the following complex technical challenges:
- Volume bottle sizing and verification
- Pressure pulsation effects on the plant system, from cylinder valves up to large non-resonant vessel sufficiently far from the compressor, including piping and vessels of the compressor island
- Shaking forces and pressure drops
- Optimization of bracketing type and position
- Small bore connections
- Cylinder valve dynamic response
- Compressor capacity and power consumption
- Acoustic and mechanical resonances.