Modernization of machinery & components
CST Upgrade portfolio for reciprocating compressors includes:
- Cylinder liners
- Piston rods with tungsten carbide coating
- Controlled tightening systems for critical connections (multi-jackbolt tensioners, hydraulic tensioners, etc)
- Improved valve cover sealing and retaining system
- Valve pocket improvement to optimize cylinder fluid-dynamics
- Improved Piston rings, Rider bands and Packing rings
- Crank mechanism bearings
- Buffering and reduced leakage packings
- Improved lubrication system for cylinder & packing
- Proactive Asset Diagnostics (PAD)
- Stepless capacity control systems (variable clearance pocket, reverse flow)
CST Upgrade portfolio for centrifugal compressors includes:
- Rotor and Diaphragm re-desing for Performance improvement
- Uprating to increase mass flow
- Seal modernization
- Anti-surge system optimization
- Gear upgrade
- Coupling system uprating
Reconditioning of existing compressors
CST service is not limited to the design of new units but can assist its customers with repairs instructions, parts reverse engineering and provision, modification, and optimization of existing compressors to meet new plant requirements, different gas condition and improve compressor performance, including re-bundling and sealing system upgrade (i.e., changing from oil to dry gas type).
Upgrading with new technology
Old machinery can be upgraded with new generation technology. A typical example of this upgrading is the improvement from 2D to 3D impeller flow path, installation of on-board diagnostic systems with related sensors.
Inspection and Refurbishment of damaged units
Either in case of catastrophic failures or planned maintenance, it is necessary to ascertain the damage or define scope of the inspection, make a list of the parts/activities required for refurbishment and an action plan. CST and Blackstone Industrial can provide end-to-end solutions for both planned and unplanned events or complete rehabilitation packages.
Machines modifications due to new operating conditions
Often process plants face changes in their operating conditions. It is common that the feedstock changes, restrictions in regulations can enforce, changes occur in reservoir conditions, and so on. Users need support to introduce the necessary modifications to their equipment.
CST can support its customers from the feasibility study, up to the installation in the field through the design, project management and construction.
Generally, the possibility to increase the throughput of a process plant is limited by one component of the whole system. Limit can sit on the compressor.
CST offers feasibility studies and then execute the complete engineering work to revamp the machine and thus expand the plant capacity.